Associate Charge Nurse Manager – Ward 8 Medicine
- Fixed Term Contract until Feb 2018.
- 0.7 FTE (28hrs per week)
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Senior Nurse looking to take the next step in their nursing career. This role will see you providing operational management and day to day clinical leadership across the ward. Working in conjunction with the other Associate Charge Nurse Manager, and providing essential support to the Charge Nurse Manager. This is a rostered, rotating position, working 7 days a week.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the ward: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, both across the ward and between wards
- Team Management of the ward: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the service’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will have a current NZ APC, with relevant post graduate nursing experience, and be looking to develop advanced nursing and leadership skills. You should have PDRP Level 3.
Your clinical credibility in Acute Internal Medicine nursing will complemented by your advanced communication skills; you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships, and have proven experience in conflict resolution and mediation. Naturally a glass half full person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions on your feet.
Supporting the implementation and evaluation of contemporary Models of Care will be a key focus of this position, and you will be a critical consumer of research and have a passion for evidence based practice.
Closing Date: Friday 28th July 2017
For further information please contact Steven Adam, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate, Phone (03) 470 9600 or Email:Steven.Adam@southerndhb.govt.nz