Routine dental care for people on very low incomes (dependant on capacity)
- A referral from your GP or other health provider is required
- If referral is accepted under the Dental Units criteria for routine dental care, it will be provided as a single course of treatment the patient will be discharged and will be not eligible for another 2 years
- This treatment is not free and patients are required to pay for their care
- Patients who have a community services card will have an appointment sent if they have reached the criteria. An assessment will be undertaken by the dentist and a quote and treatment plan will be provided to the patient to enable them to seek assistance from Work and Income for funding prior to treatment.to pay for the treatment.
- If patient does not reach the criteria a letter will be sent advising this