STRIKE BY MEMBERS OF NZRDA UNION
Junior doctors who are members of the New Zealand Resident Doctors' Association (NZRDA) union are striking for 48 hours from 8am Tuesday 29 January until 8am Thursday 31 January 2019.
The strike will impact many health care services across the district.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Patient safety is our priority
- Patients whose surgeries and procedures are being postponed will be contacted directly by phone, text or letter by Southern DHB staff
- Hospitals remain open during the strike and will continue to provide essential and urgent services including emergency departments, acute surgery, intensive care, cancer treatments, maternity services, renal dialysis
- Patients should still come to their scheduled appointment or surgery on those days UNLESS we have contacted them directly to say their appointment is being rescheduled
- During the strike period if you or a whānau member have a condition that is not urgent or severe, please contact your GP
- If it is an emergency, call 111 immediately
- Free medical advice is available 24/7 through Healthline, phone 0800 611 116.
NZRDA doctors to strike - 29 and 30 January 2019
NZRDA Doctors Strike 15 and 16 January 2019
NZRDA doctors to strike - 15& 16 January
Health advice - Queenstown Bay water contamination
Follow us on