Physiotherapist - Home Team
- Permanent part-time 0.4FTE (16 hours a week)
- Fixed Term part-time until 30 November 2019 0.6FTE (24 hours a week)
- To be worked as full-time until 30 November 2019
The Home Team offers a 7 day a week service from 8am to 8pm. The focus of the service is hospital avoidance and supported discharge working across a range of settings including the community, Emergency Department, Internal Medicine Assessment Unit and the in-patient wards. The Home Team is a comprehensive integrated service that is responsive to patient and service needs, focused on delivering one car up the drive way, one assessment and one plan of care.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Physiotherapist interested in working as part of an inter-professional team. Within this position you will support the early discharge of appropriate patients from Dunedin Hospital. You will monitor their recovery and ensure each individual receives appropriate rehabilitation and / or packages of care at the right time to maximise their functional ability, and maintain their independence in their own home.
To add to the excitement of this full time role, as an Allied Health Professional within the Home Team you will also provide a responsive community based service for patients, who (while being medically stable) require urgent assessment and immediate coordination of services to prevent Emergency Department presentations or hospital admission.
This role requires a professional who is adaptive to change, resourceful, flexible to service needs and future development and has a genuine passion for working in the community.
Within this position you will require;
- Advanced comprehensive clinical assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within the inter-professional team
- Ability to direct and delegate to Rehabilitation Assistants
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with health professionals, both within the in-patient services and in the community setting
- Recent experience of working with the older adults in acute, rehabilitation or community settings
The Health Professionals within the Home Team will cover Monday – Sunday with staggered start and finish times between the hours of 8am - 8pm, and all shifts are 8 - 10 hours.
You will need to be a Registered Health Physiotherapist with a current APC, a minimum of 2 years post registration experience in New Zealand and a full clean NZ driver licence.
To be successful in the role you will have a strong commitment to your ongoing professional development.
If you would like the opportunity to be part of this new and innovative team, then we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Monday, 27 May 2019
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Strategy, Primary and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: email@example.com