Medical Secretary– Cardiology Department
- Permanent vacancy
- Full time position 1.0FTE (40 hours per week)
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Our Cardiology Department is inviting applications for an experienced Medical Secretary to join our service on a full time permanent basis.
To enjoy the Medical Secretary position you will be the kind of person who likes a fast paced and varied work environment. As you’ll be dealing with patient information it is essential you can demonstrate you have an eye for accuracy and are confident around computer systems. This position carries a varied workload that requires you to have the ability to prioritise workload as meeting deadlines is vital.
Our ideal candidate will be customer and patient focused as you will be liaising with other hospitals, specialists and health providers to get the best outcome for patients.
The main areas of responsibility within this role include (but are not limited to):
- Providing high quality typing and administrative support to the service
- Setting up and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems and procedures
This is a busy and varied role. In order to be successful you will need to bring the following skills and experience:
- Transcription / typing ability / medical terminology
- Solid knowledge of office systems and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the importance for privacy and the ability to deal with patient information in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
The days of work for this role will be Monday to Friday, but the hours can be flexible for the right candidate. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply today!
Please note this vacancy is open to current Southern DHB employees only
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 May 2019
For further information please contact, Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor - Medical Directorate, Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org