Registered Nurse - Ward 8 Med
- Fixed-Term opportunity until 31 July 2020
- 0.8 FTE – 32 Hours per week
Here at Southern DHB, we are firmly committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Our Internal Medicine Service, Ward 8 Med, is looking for a dynamic and experienced Registered Nurse to join the team on a fixed term part-time basis.
We are interested in hearing from Registered Nurses with experience in an acute setting. Our Service is compassionate, friendly and we are committed to high standards of practice. When you join us we will support your on-going professional development and encourage you to progress with your career goals, so it is important to us that you are self-motivated and have a desire to succeed.
We are proud that we were one of the first Services that worked off electronic patient medication charts, so you will need to be comfortable and skilled in using computers or willing to learn.
We’re looking for someone who’s experienced and organised, friendly and calm, able to work independently and at the same time genuinely interested in the best outcome for both patient and team.
- Must have current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous acute experience is essential, and you must have at least 1 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
If you would like to gain further experience alongside our supportive team please apply today and tell us in your cover letter what you will bring to our Service.
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 May 2019
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate, Phone (03) 470 9605 or Email:Karen.email@example.com