Finance Department, Wakari Hospital
- Fixed-term parental leave cover through to 14 December 2019
- Project work alongside general accounting duties
- Free, onsite parking
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand Health Boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
About the Team
The diverse Finance Team has a vast knowledge and skill levels within the accounting fields. Each member of the team brings experience and expertise to the busy office. With a number of Chartered Accountants there is always support or someone with knowledge that you can draw on, support and learning is within reach.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
This is a busy and varied role which will see you get involved in a range of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the Southern District Health Board (SDHB)
- Journal processing
- Month end entries and accruals
- General ledger queries and reconciliations
There will also be opportunities for additional projects, and to gain skills in different areas of finance as part of this busy role.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in general accounting work
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude and a pro-active approach to your work
- Love of working with numbers
- Focused approach with strong attention to detail
- Solid working knowledge of Excel - knowledge of Oracle Financials would be an advantage but not essential as training can be provided
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it’s surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region - and we - can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday, 21st July 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor, Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Directorates Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org