Clinical Midwife Coordinators
Southland Hospital, Invercargill
- Multiple roles available
- Open to full time or part time – job share
About the Department
We consider ourselves to be very lucky here at the Southland Hospital Maternity Ward. Not only do we get to care for fabulous women and families from all across our diverse region, we also get to work alongside kind, compassionate, dedicated Midwives and other Health Professionals to provide a safe and positive birthing experience.
About the Team
Each year we birth around 1,200 babies and work closely with the LMCs to give the kind of care our new mothers deserve. With 4 birthing rooms and 14 single rooms we are able to support the needs to both antenatal and postnatal women. Our team works with a commitment to quality care and the embodiment of the Southern DHB values, Kind, Open, Positive and a Sense of Community in all that they do.
About the Roles
New roles available within our Maternity Team for experienced Registered Midwives who have strong clinical leadership skills to join our team as Clinical Midwife Coordinators. You will be working closely with the Charge Midwife Manager (CMM) to:
- Assist in the establishment and promotion of clinical midwifery professional standards
- Ensure effective day to day coordination across shifts and management within the area, working collaboratively with the CMM and the wider maternity team
- Promote excellence in clinical practice and ensure provision of high quality midwifery care
- You will have a supervisory role for Registered Nurses / Midwives, Enrolled Nurses, Maternity / Health Care Assistants and Students
This is a great opportunity to step up to the next level in your career and utilise your clinical expertise and leadership skills. In order to succeed in this role you will need to:
- You must be a Registered Midwife with a current Annual Practicing Certificate along with holding a current portfolio and QLP relevant to the role
- Have proven clinical credibility in all aspects of midwifery care
- Possess excellent communication, including techniques in conflict resolution, diffusion and mediation skills
- Be a critical consumer of research and embrace evidenced based practice when carrying out any task or function
- Working towards a post grad or have some post grad qualification would be preferable but not essential.
You might be looking to returning part time or full time we are open to discussion on how these positions might be resourced.
About our Region
The Southland region is home to the World Heritage ranked Fiordland National Park and gateway to some of New Zealand’s most famous scenery and holiday destinations – you can go from seaside to ski slope in a matter of hours. Couple that with affordable housing, great education options and a family-friendly focus in the city of Invercargill and you’ll be living the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for don’t delay, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday, 18th August 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate & Women’s health Directorates. Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: email@example.com