Registered Nurse – Oncology Research
- Fixed Term Contract until 20 August 2020
- Part-time position 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Southern District Health Board has an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our friendly team in Dunedin Hospital on a fixed-term part-time basis.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
Our Oncology Research Unit is based within the Southern Blood & Cancer Service. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse who is looking to expand their clinical trial skills.
Based within the Research Unit, this role facilitates the requirements of the Oncology clinical trials and associated data activities. They will be responsible for ensuring all research activities meet legislative and clinical trial requirements.
Some of the key tasks will include:
- Liaising with patients, staff and other relevant parties
- Recruiting patients for selected trials
- Providing education and support to staff regarding the specifics of selected trials
- Maintaining trial data requirements including coordinating patient tests and appointments
- Research data processing, reporting adverse events
We are looking for a systematic Registered Nurse with exceptional organisation skills who can see the big picture but is also detail focused. You will have to be a self-motivator and an excellent communicator who works well both individually and within a small team.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
- You will be proficient using Microsoft computer applications including word processing and excel.
- Recent experience working within oncology or with clinical / commercial trials would be an advantage
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
If you would like to join our friendly, skilled and supportive team please apply today.
Closing Date: Friday, 16 August 2019
Please note we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and if necessary withdraw the advertising at any time. If you are interested in this position please do not delay! For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate. Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email: Karen.email@example.com