Business Analyst - Finance
- Use your analytical skills to influence business management decisions and drive improvements in the delivery of health care for the Southern Region
- Provide commercial advice and support to the medical teams delivering services across the Southern Region
- Supportive, improvement focussed team
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
About the Team
The Finance Team are a supportive, improvement focussed bunch looking to implement modern Business Intelligence tools to create insights in the operation of the SDHB. We aim to use these tools to move to being an integral partner to our clinical teams in constantly improving the quality and quantity of health service delivery.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
We have a great opportunity for a motivated person to join us and assist primarily with the budgeting process and other projects. You will be part of a team of analysts tasked with continually looking for system and process efficiencies in an environment that demands change.
We are looking for an adaptable, passionate person who wants to make a difference, working and liaising with key members of our organisation to provide analytical and financial insights into the business.
We need an analyst who will adapt quickly, who can collect information from a variety of sources and turn it into coherent information to help drive business and management decisions throughout SDHB. Making information relevant, insightful and easy to understand it will be a key part of your skill set!
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A positive attitude and will know how to explain complex ideas in simple terms - keep it simple!
- The ability to develop relationships with a broad range of people, from management to clinical staff. These people will be key in being successful personally and organisationally.
- Strong analytical skills, with previous experience of turning these analytics into relevant and focussed management information.
- A strong customer focus.
- The experience to think “outside the square” to continually seek efficiencies within the organisation
- The confidence to work with project teams / stakeholders to elicit, analyse, specify and validate the delivery of the business needs.
You’ll bring to this role exceptional time management skills and the ability to juggle a number of projects. Excellent computer skills, with advanced Excel skills, are a must. Experience in a health environment would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided.
Along with holding a relevant tertiary qualification; you should be a member of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants (or overseas equivalent), preferably CA qualified or progressing towards this, or be a member of the International Institute of Business Analysts with more than 5 years’ experience in a related role.
In return for your skills and expertise you will receive a varied workload and ongoing training and support. If you think you have what it takes to add value to the health of our region we would love to hear from you!
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
For further information please contact Samantha Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Directorates Email: email@example.com