South Island Well Child Tamariki Ora (WCTO) Quality Improvement Project Manager
(Fixed Term to fill a seconded position until January 15 2020, with possible extension until 15 July 2020)
- Secondment back-fill
- 1 FTE
- 6 months Fixed-term contract
- Location - based in any of the South Island DHBs' facilities
The South Island Alliance Programme Office (SIAPO) supports the South Island District Health Boards Alliance framework, including governance, leadership and operational components by providing regional planning, support services and programme management for the South Island Alliance teams, service based Workstreams, Service Level Alliances, Networks and regional forums endorsed by the South Island Alliance Leadership Team.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced health and/or social professionals for the position of South Island Well Child Tamariki Ora (WCTO) Quality Improvement Project Manager.
The WCTO programme aims to support and promote the healthy development of children and their families/whanau from birth to five years.
The South Island WCTO quality improvement project manager will lead regional collaboration on the South Island WCTO quality improvement work-plan and will:
- Co-ordinate WCTO quality improvement activity across all South Island DHBs
- Provide quality improvement training to DHB staff and others involved in the South Island WCTO programme
- Support closer engagement between DHBs and the wider child health and maternity sector
- Maintain close links to the Ministry of Health Child and Family Programmes Team
- Ensure sustainability of quality improvement activities and enable the sector to continue quality improvement activity beyond completion of the project.
The Programme Office is based in Christchurch. Our flexible working allows the post holder to work from any of the five South Island DHB facilities.
We require from the successful candidate:
- Experience at managing groups of people from diverse professional and non - professional backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience of the New Zealand Health Sector and a qualification that is either clinical, managerial or health related.
- Expertise and experience of the New Zealand child health, WCTO and maternity sector
- Quality improvement knowledge and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitation and adult teaching and learning skills highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel to other areas within New Zealand to undertake duties e.g. meeting with stakeholders is required
The successful candidate will continue to develop the existing South Island WCTO QI work-plan.
Please apply via https://cdhb.careercentre.net.nz/Job/South-Island-Well-Child-Tamariki-Ora-WCTO-Quality-Improvement-Project-Manager/Christchurch/15915