Administration Officer – Children’s Ward
- Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week)
- Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
About the Department
Here in Dunedin Hospital’s Children’s Ward, we are lucky to have a modern, bright work space with excellent facilities to ensure the best possible care for our young patients and their families / whanau.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our fun and friendly Children’s Ward team. Not only will you need to be an organised and efficient administration officer, you’ll also need to be a calm, caring and approachable person to be the face of our Children’s Inpatients reception and back office.
This is a busy role where you will need to be able to effectively multi-task whilst keeping a smile on your face and a spring in your step!
As Administration Officer, your role will include (but is not limited to):
- Providing high quality administrative support to the Children’s Inpatient service
- Setting up and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems and procedures
- Continuous improvements to processes and procedures to enhance the administration service provided
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships across the team
- Providing excellent customer service
Ideally you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a busy administration role
- Competent and confident using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent word processing and data entry skills with a strong eye for detail
- Flexible approach with the ability to successfully prioritise your workload
- Respectful nature handling confidential, often sensitive information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication with a natural flair for fostering positive relationships
You will be joining a dedicated, supportive and friendly team of health professionals, providing invaluable support to families when they need it most. If you think you bring the skills we are looking for and have what it takes to thrive in a busy hospital environment we would love to hear from you.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it’s surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region, and we, can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate & Women’s Health Directorates. Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org