Registered Nurses - Pacific Island
Community Nursing, Southland Hospital
- Are you passionate about influencing positive health outcomes for Pacifika people?
- We have two positions available, both a minimum of 0.4FTE
- You will be out and about in the community, hospital and outpatient clinics
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
Pacific Island nurses provide comprehensive oversight and advocacy for Pacific Island clients’ nursing care which is coordinated and integrated with other health services. The service encompasses close collaboration with the Pacific Island Cultural and Advisory Trust. All nursing cares delivered are culturally responsive, appropriate and are targeted to meet the needs of Pacific Island peoples. There may also be an opportunity to pick up some casual work in District Nursing in the Invercargill area if you wish.
In this busy role, your daily routine could involve any of the following activities:
- Work with PI persons/whanau within Primary and Secondary Care settings
- Ensure all community services are accessible and appropriate
- Provide education and health programmes suitable for Pacifika people and the wider community
- Follow-up and advocate as required for patients discharged to the community
- Empower clients so that they can manage their own health where possible
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who has the ability to successfully engage with the local Pacific Island community. You’ll be a team player and able to work unsupervised who can relate in a professional manner to effectively communicate and support the client through their healthcare experience. You’ll have a current practicing certificate and current driver licence and a familiarity with the Pacific Island Community which is essential for this role.
About the Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers-patients, staff and communities – are at the heart of everything we do.
Closing Date: Thursday, 12 September 2019
For further information please contact Jan Strachan, Recruitment Advisor – Strategy, Primary and Community Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5770 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org