Registered Nurse – Day Surgery
- Permanent opportunity to join a high performing team
- 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Exciting opportunity to join a high performing team!
An exciting opportunity exists in Dunedin Hospital for an experienced nurse to join our Perioperative team, specifically in our Day Surgery Unit. Southern DHB has the largest geographical catchment area in NZ. Our hospital sits in the beautiful historic city of Dunedin with its amazing coastline, spectacular mountainous hinterland, unique community spirit and more affordable housing.
About the Role
Our Day Surgery Unit is a one–stop shop, providing surgery to patients of all ages from a wide range of surgical specialties. DSU nurses care for patient’s right across the continuum of care from preadmissions through to discharge. DSU also accommodates patients admitted for a variety of non-theatre procedures. This is a tight unit and our nurses work closely together, therefore, it is an absolute requirement that you can demonstrate working as part of a small, successful team.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- A willingness to be involved in the termination of pregnancy service
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, enthusiasm and adaptability
- A calm, patient focused approach
- A proactive approach towards professional development
- A willingness to promote and champion quality initiatives
About the Southern District
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Friday 13 September 2019
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: Jeanie.email@example.com