Accounts Officer - Accounts Receivable
Dunedin, Wakari Hospital
- Fixed Term until end of June 2020 – 1.0 FTE 40 hours per week
- Free onsite parking
Due to parental leave, a fixed term Accounts Officer position has become available in our friendly Accounts Receivable, Finance team. Experience in Accounts Receivable is preferable and experience in administrative role would be beneficial but is not essential as training will be provided. What you do need is a flexible approach to your work and a positive, can-do attitude.
About the Team
We have a friendly supportive team, that enjoy a good challenge making the work day a fun experience while delivering an exceptional service for the organisation.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
As Accounts Officer in our Accounts Receivable team you will be involved in:
- Processing invoices, reconciliations and daily mail/email
- Maintaining accurate electronic and paper filing systems
- Communication with debtors, including overseas insurance companies
- Assisting the team with a variety of administrative tasks as required
You will need to bring:
- A strong attention to detail
- Computer skills, particularly in using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
- A positive approach
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of the service and take on tasks as appropriate
- Great communication and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout the team and beyond
- Preferably a background in an accounts receivable role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within a large and complex organisation. You will be given full training and will have the opportunity to expand the role as you learn the ropes and become competent in the required tasks.
Opportunities like this don’t come along every day, so if you are looking to get a start on your career ladder and feel that you have what it takes to pick things up quickly and add value to the team, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary for this position is between $37,788 and $42,740 per annum and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org