Co-ordinator Maternity Quality and Safety Programme
Otago and Southland
- Exciting and unique Full time Position
- District wide role – so travel will be required
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
Exciting role working with an established Maternity, Quality and Safety Group to lead quality improvement in this essential area of women and babies care. We have already achieved a lot but we need to do more.
Supportive team working closely with stakeholders across the district. Experience in driving quality improvement in clinical environments. Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills required.
Partnership work with Maori essential as closing the equity gap for outcomes for Maori women, babies and whanau is an organisational priority.
To successfully obtain this role you will
- Have a tertiary qualification in relevant discipline eg Population/ public health, Quality improvement science, OR Professional qualification in relevant clinical specialty eg midwifery
- Be experienced with Project Management; Quality Improvement Systems; Audit; Research
- Have good understanding of and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and the importance of reducing inequalities in health outcomes
- Be a respected professional with ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with LMCs, primary, secondary and tertiary maternity providers and maternity stakeholder groups in both community and hospital settings.
- Embodies Southern DHB values of Manaakitanga, Pono, Whaiwhakaaro and Whanaungatanga.
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it's surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday, 13 October 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate & Women’s health Directorates. Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: email@example.com