Associate Charge Nurse Manager – Ward 8 Medicine
- Permanent, 0.5 FTE opportunity (20 hours per week)
- Exciting opportunity for an exceptional Senior Nurse
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Senior Nurse looking to take the next step in their nursing career. Our Medical Ward based in Dunedin Hospital is inviting applications from candidates wishing to join us as Associate Charge Nurse Manager on a permanent, part-time basis.
About the Role
Ward 8 Medicine’s vision is to be a centre of clinical care and excellence. The team has a strong focus on customer service and its success is reliant on effective communication and teamwork.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the department: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, both across the department and between wards
- Team Management of the department: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the department’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
You must bring a clear focussed vision; strive for contemporary practice, and be ‘firm, but fair,’ with the ability to inspire staff and be their advocate when needed. Here within the Medical Directorate at Southern DHB we seek leaders who embody our core values, believe strongly in the value of education and research, and who are able to build solid networks, both within the DHB and nationally.
Your clinical credibility in acute nursing will be complemented by your advanced communication skills; you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships, and have proven experience in conflict resolution and mediation. Naturally a glass half full person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions on your feet.
The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will have a current NZ APC, with relevant post-graduate nursing experience, and be looking to develop their advanced nursing and leadership skills. You should have PDRP Level 3. It is also essential that you are available to work every second weekend (as a minimum), exact hours are to be discussed with the preferred candidate/s.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply today!
About the Southern District
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Friday, 11 October 2019
Please note we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and if necessary withdraw the advertising at any time. If you are interested in this position, please do not delay! For further information, please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate. Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email: Karen.email@example.com