We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Sonographer to join our Radiology team on a part time basis from the 9th December 2019.
Central Otago Health Services Ltd (COHSL) is a community owned, not-for-profit organisation that is responsible for providing health services out of Dunstan Hospital in Clyde.
All COHSL employees are expected to commit to service excellence; treat each other with respect and honesty; demonstrate responsibility and accountability; be enthusiastic about continuous improvement; and to maintain confidentiality.
What we’re looking for:
- A friendly Sonographer who is happy to be part of a small Radiology team and works hard to lead by example when it comes to clinical excellence
- Someone who takes an interest in developing our business, and is enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge
- Experience in performing Obstetric, General, Vascular and MSK examinations is essential
- A team player, committed to ongoing education and best possible patient care and outcomes. You will be compassionate, courteous and a flexible member of our team
- Sufficient level of expertise to work autonomously without a Radiologist on-site
- Registered and licensed Sonographer with the MRTB (essential)
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, part-time opportunity (0.50 FTE), with a possible opportunity to increase to fulltime dependent on an external contract with the University
- Competitive salary
- Focus on well-being including flu vaccinations and EAP services
- Continued professional development supported with funding for your ongoing growth
Your work day will include:
- Conducting ultrasound examinations to an exceptional standard on a GE LOGIQ E9
- Providing a high level of care and diligence through provision of clear instructions and explanations to the patients and/or their representative or caregiver, both prior and throughout any procedure
- Maintaining accurate patient data and examination worksheets for all examinations
- Participating in quality assurance initiatives to improve the level of service that you and the team provide to patients and referrers
So, if you have a professionally recognised Ultrasound qualification, a passion for providing excellent patient care and want to join a great team, please email your cover letter and CV to:
Dr Matt Born email@example.com
Please note: this Ad will run until the position is filled. You must be eligible to work in New Zealand