Assistant Financial Accountant - Finance
- Build your accounting career with one of Dunedin’s biggest employers
- Varied role in a friendly and supportive team
- Free, onsite parking
About the Team
We have a friendly supportive team, that enjoy a good challenge making the work day a fun experience while delivering an exceptional service for the organisation. You will be part of an experienced finance team so always someone on hand to bounce things off.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our high performing Finance team based at Wakari Hospital, Dunedin. If you are looking to take the next step in your Accounting career this could be the role for you!
Amongst other things, your responsibilities will involve:
- Monthly accounts preparation, reporting and analysis
- General Ledger (GL) journal processing and accruals
- Preparation of IRD returns
- Identifying opportunities for system and process improvements and assisting in their implementation
You’ll need to be:
- Experienced in working with accounting systems
- CA qualified (or progressing towards)
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Organised with a fantastic attention to detail
- Solutions-focused mindset and positive communication skills, with a flexible and accommodating attitude
This is a varied position which will see you take responsibility for supporting monthly financial statements and also provide cover for a range of financial services roles as required. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please apply today!
About the Southern DHB
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
For further information please contact Sam Cunningham, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate and Women’s & Children’s Health Phone: (03) 213 5427 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.