Administration Officer - Clinical Records
- Get away from the desk in this active administration role
- Provide a vital service to patients, families/whanau and health professionals
- Busy, team environment in this permanent fulltime position.
About the opportunity
Bring your positivity, customer service and attention to detail to this crucial, customer-facing role based onsite
at Southland Hospital. The Clinical Records team now has an opening for a reliable and motivated administrator
to join their friendly, dedicated team who work hard but have fun along the way.
This fast paced office has a strong focus on paper patient records, and also uses electronic systems and has high
levels of interactions with all health professionals both within and alongside the Southern DHB.
You will be required to supply and retrieve patient records from around the hospital – all staff start in this
department in the filing team, developing your skills to then branch out and cover all roles within the service.
The role includes:
- Maintaining and completing records before filing
- Data integrity tasks
- Dealing with public and health professionals’ requests for clinical information
- Preparing records for outpatients’ clinics.
Comprehensive training is provided but you must be a skilled communicator, be reliable, accurate and have an
eye for detail. We’re looking for applicants to demonstrate:
- Computer literacy, proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good level of physical fitness
- Strong attention to detail at all times
- A positive, can-do/problem solving attitude for customers
- Relevant administrative work experience, and
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology would be a bonus.
The salary for this position is based on relevant experience and qualifications. Apply now and join a great team
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to
350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we
provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients,
staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education,
affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing,
hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out
https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Friday 17 January 2020