Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Dunedin Hospital as a Psychiatry Registrar. Whether you are interested in training in Psychiatry, or training to become a GP or a Rural Hospital Medical Specialist and would like some Psychiatry experience, then Dunedin Hospital is the place for you!
You’ll be part of a team of dedicated and experienced Consultants, Registrars, House Officers, and Nursing and Allied Health professionals working across a range of runs, including:
- Emergency Psychiatry Services - Youth Specialty Services
- Early Intervention Service - CADS
- Forensic Psychiatry - Consultant Liaison
- Mental Health for Older People - Intellectual Disability
- General Adult Community Services - General Adult wards
- Child and Family
Please note that while we do not offer a designated Rural run, a number of the above runs do provide Rural experience.
Southern DHB has a strong collaborative relationship with the University of Otago making a number of teaching and research options possible for those keen to pursue their academic careers whilst completing their clinical work. Free meals are provided when on duty.
Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary level hospital of 400 beds located in central Dunedin, New Zealand. The Hospital services the city of Dunedin and the wider Otago region.
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link: https://www.dunedinnz.com/
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience and who possess a strong interest in Psychiatry.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
- Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
- The Medical Council of New Zealand (the Council) recently introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. Please visit the NZMC website for more details about these changes and information on enrolling. We encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
- Complete an application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the RMO Recruitment Advisor Deb McDonald email@example.com quoting the vacancy title and reference number.