Groundsperson / Gardener
Building & Property Services, Dunedin
- Permanent full time position (40 hours per week)
- Maintain grounds at both Dunedin and Wakari Hospitals
Building & Property Services are a dedicated and friendly team with a range of skills and expertise including electricians, plumbers, carpenters and project managers to name a few. The team works together to ensure that Dunedin and Wakari Hospitals are maintained and improved to a high standard keeping all of the SDHB buildings safe and looked after.
About the opportunity
We have a full time opportunity for a talented Gardener / Groundsperson to join our team. Your main duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintenance of grounds including lawn mowing, pruning and general gardening
- Keeping grounds and plants pest and disease free
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of contractors
- Ensure safe, compliant and well-presented grounds at all times
We’re looking for someone with a great attitude towards their work who is keen to get stuck in and keep our grounds in tip top shape. To succeed in this role you’ll need to:
- Have some previous experience in a similar role
- Know how to operate motorised grounds keeping equipment such as ride-on mowers, chainsaw, trimmer etc in a safe manner
- Have good general knowledge of gardening and grounds keeping practices
- Be physically fit – we have a lot of grounds to cover!
- Be a good communicator who enjoys being part of a team as much as you enjoy working on your own
If you have the experience we’re after and want to join a great team in a physically active role, we’d love to hear from you. This position is currently vacant with a flexible start date.
Why Southland / Dunedin / Us etc?
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it’s surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region - and we - can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Friday, 28th February 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org