Please note that due to Covid-19, there may be delays experienced in the recruitment of this role. Thank you for your understanding’
Administrator – Trauma Service, Anaesthesia and Bariatrics
Perioperative Department, Southland Hospital
If you enjoy working in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy variety in your work then this role could be what you are looking for! Our Perioperative Service requires an experienced Administrator to hit the ground running and ensure the department’s varied administrative needs are met on a full time, permanent basis.
About the opportunity
In this key role, you will be responsible for the coordination of the planned trauma patients, specifically those in the community awaiting surgery.
Responsibilities vary across the Orthopaedic, Anaesthesia and Bariatric specialties within the Perioperative environment, and:
- Providing efficient and timely administration support to the orthopaedic trauma service, Bariatric and anaesthesia service
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls providing accurate information to patients and members of the multidisciplinary team in all services supported by this role
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date database of patient details
- Typing anaesthetic and bariatric dictation
- Maintaining current rostering for anaesthetics
- Provide bariatric information to the South Island Alliance
- Administration duties within the perioperative department
The salary for this position is be between $47,580 and $55,259 and will be based on relevant experience and skills.
To be successful in this very busy role you will be the kind of person who is flexible, adaptable, robust and can cope with conflicting priorities and interruptions. You’ll have a friendly and welcoming nature and be comfortable interacting with patients both in person and on the phone. In addition you must:
- Have experience in a busy administration role within the hospital environment
- Be a team player who is happy to support and assist other staff where needed
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and deal with personal information in a sensitive manner
- Have typing experience, preferably in a medical field
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ and https://southlandnz.com/live for what the region - and we - can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time.
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.