Principal Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer
• Newly created, influential, strategic leadership role
• Provide high quality, accessible advice to the Southern DHB leadership team
• Make a tangible difference to the health and wellbeing of our Southern communities
Bring your effective, strategic leadership skills to this brand new key advisory role working alongside the executive team and board of the Southern DHB to innovate and improve healthcare for the region.
Here at Southern DHB we’re working very hard to provide high quality health and disability services. We’re highly focused on bringing in the right people with the appropriate experience and skills, to turn our goals into reality.
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
About the opportunity
The Principal Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a newly created key strategic leadership position reporting directly to the CEO and offers an excellent opportunity to influence and shape the role for effective delivery. You will work in close collaboration with the CEO’s office and Executive Leadership Team to ensure effective delivery of key strategic business initiatives from development through to successful implementation.
Some key focus areas of this role include (but are not limited to):
• Leading and contributing to the successful internal management of the CEO’s office
• Providing high quality, accessible advice and data to the leadership team to guide decision-making, project management and initiative implementation
• Working in close collaboration with the Strategy Manager to deliver efficiency and best practice in the annual planning processes and various strategic reviews
• Development and oversight of the annual budget for the CEO’s office
• Supporting and enabling effective relationships across leadership teams; supporting better connection, coordination and communication flow
To succeed in this key advisory role, you will need to be an experienced and talented strategic leader with a positive approach and excellent relationship building skills. You will be skilled at identifying opportunities, developing strategies and leading projects and initiatives to successful conclusion.
Ideally you will bring:
• A significant amount of senior advisory, leadership or management experience
• Proven ability in strategic planning and consultancy
• Excellent communication, facilitation and relationship building skills
• Experience in leading and/or supporting multiple and often complex projects to successful conclusion
• A strategic, problem solving mindset with excellent business acumen
• A solid understanding of the machinery of government and governance in the public sector
If this all sounds like you and you are looking for the next challenge in your already successful career, we would love to hear from you.
Why come to Southern?
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th May 2020
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Recruitment Advisor, Corporate Directorate