Building & Property Services, Dunedin Hospital
• Are you highly organised, confident, driven and energetic?
• Do you have proven experience supporting senior/complex manager roles?
We are looking for a highly motivated and senior administrator to join our friendly Building & Property Services team on a permanent full time basis.
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the General Manager and providing support to the respective Directorate Leadership Team, this demanding permanent full-time role sees you providing high level administration support, while being the interface with the staff of services in the manager’s portfolio as well as external organisations.
A busy, largely autonomous role, your daily routine could involve any of the following activities and other general administrative tasks;
• facilitating communication channels;
• organising meeting agendas;
• taking minutes;
• email management;
• overseeing the GM’s and other Directorate Leaders schedules;
• complex diary management
• dealing with complaints and compiling statistics;
• financial reports and maintenance of financial and human resource systems;
• coordination of information for reports, collating and ensuring their timely delivery
It is essential that you have a background in administration at a senior level, exhibiting skills to anticipate, prioritise and deliver to time frames. To succeed in this busy role you will need:
• The ability to take direction when required and the confidence to build successful working relationships across a large organisation
• A strong eye for detail and use of initiative
• A highly professional demeanour and be an exceptional communicator who can offer trusted executive level support
• To be a star multi-tasker, who can think on your feet
• Excellent computer skills and will be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook, with PowerPoint and Microsoft Project being advantageous
The salary for this position is from $54,929 to $63,915 per annum for full time and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th May 2020
For further information please contact email@example.com, Recruitment Advisor, Corporate Directorate