Regional Programme Facilitator - Telehealth
- Two year fixed-term 1.0 fte role
- Flexibility to work anywhere in the South Island
This is a new and exciting role working with the South Island Alliance to expand and enhance Telehealth services across the South Island health system.
The South Island Alliance is an alliance between the five South Island DHBs: Nelson Marlborough, West Coast, Canterbury, South Canterbury and Southern. The DHBs work collaboratively to develop more innovative and efficient health services than could be achieved independently. Our vision is for a connected and equitable health and social system that supports all people to be well and healthy.
E hara tāku toa i te toa takitahi, he toa takitini My strength is not as an individual but as a collective
About the role
The need for a regionally consistent approach to Telehealth was highlighted in Telehealth Strategy for South Island DHBs, a 2019 report commissioned and endorsed by the South Island Alliance Leadership Team.
Leveraging the good work undertaken so far in telehealth in the South Island, your role will be to support DHBs to increase availability of regionally consistent Telehealth services.
Reporting to the South Island Information Services Service Level Alliance (ISSLA) Portfolio Director based in Christchurch, you will develop and implement a regional telehealth workplan guided and governed by the ISSLA.
Your role will have a strong focus on change management for clinical staff and staff who support clinicians in their interactions with patients and the public. You will work to embed telehealth into practice together with local DHB Telehealth coordinators and clinical champions.
This will be a challenging and busy role developing relationships and trust with clinicians across the South Island, who will have varying knowledge and understanding of Telehealth.
What we’re looking for
- A definite self-starter who can develop relationships, systems and work procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of the New Zealand health sector.
- Experience within a clinical field or health care setting.
- Change management skills in relation to clinical workflow, process and practice.
- Flexibility to travel within New Zealand as required.
- Facilitation experience and the ability to influence groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Project management skills and experience are desirable.
This is a fixed-term, 2-year position based in one of the South Island DHB facilities
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.