Personal Assistant to Executive Director Finance, Procurement and Facilities and Chief Māori Health Strategy and Improvement Officer
Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
- Permanent, full time position
Bring your exceptional organisational ability and people skills to this busy and varied Personal Assistant role.
The Southern DHB teams work very hard to deliver quality health and disability services to our communities in the Southern region. We’re highly focused on recruiting team players, with the appropriate experience and skills, able to join us in our journey to continually improve what we do.
The Southern DHB is the largest DHB by geographical area of all the New Zealand district health boards and this challenges us in the delivery of our services to 330,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our patients, staff and communities are at the heart of everything we do.
About the opportunity
Working within the Southern DHB offers a fast paced, varied and rewarding workload, allowing you to use your administrative skills to support our teams and contribute towards the health of those in our communities.
Reporting to both the Executive Director of Finance, Procurement and Facilities and the Chief Māori Health Strategy and Improvement Officer, this role will see you managing priorities and deadlines between these two Executives. The key purpose of this role is to support these Executives and achieve the smooth running of both portfolios by providing an efficient and timely administrative support function.
The primary responsibilities of your role will include (although not limited to):
- Providing accurate and confidential PA support
- Building positive working relationships
- Diary management and secretarial support
- Board and Committee agenda preparation and co-ordination
We are looking for a team player with a positive and engaging personality who has the confidence and ability to successfully manage the demands of dual reporting and workload. You will need to have:
- Proven experience in a similar role providing executive level assistance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Te Ao Māori and tikanga would be beneficial
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure
- Have confidence in your ability, use your initiative, be innovative and think on your feet
- Solid knowledge of office systems, excellent computer skills, especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications and a willingness to learn other software applications
- Keen eye for detail
The salary for this position is in accordance with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Employees Collective Agreement and is between $58,871 and $68,189 depending on skills and experience.
Based in Dunedin, our city offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Thursday 9th July 2020
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Recruitment Advisor, Corporate Directorate