Administration Officer – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 12 month fixed term opportunity
- 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week)
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our fabulous Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) team on a 12 month fixed term covering parental leave. We put our patients and their families and whanau at the centre of everything we do and this is especially important while their newest family members are going through testing times.
About the Role
We are looking for a special person who has strong administration skills and the ability to be the calm, friendly face of the NICU reception and back office. You will be able to work well within a busy office setting and remain level-headed while ensuring a high level of attention to detail in your work.
As Administration Officer, your role will include (but is not limited to):
- Providing high quality administration support to the NICU
- Maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems
- Continuous improvements to processes and procedures to enhance the administration service provided
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships across the team
- Providing excellent customer service
The hours will be 20 per week between 9am-1pm, Monday-Friday, but this can be flexible for the right candidate.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in a busy administration role
- Competent and confident using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent word processing and data entry skills with a strong eye for detail
- Flexible approach with the ability to successfully prioritise your workload
- Respectful nature handling confidential, often sensitive information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication with a natural flair for fostering positive relationships especially in times of stress
You will be joining a dedicated, supportive and friendly team of health professionals, providing invaluable support to families when they need it most. If you think you bring the skills we are looking for and have what it takes to thrive in a busy hospital environment we would love to hear from you.
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
The salary for this position is between $43,720 and $46,740 (pro-rata for part-time) per annum as per the PSA Admin MECA and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Sunday 12th July 2020
For further information please contact Tara Hobbs, Recruitment Advisor –Women’s & Children’s Health Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9357 or Email: email@example.com
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children, and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.