Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
- Complex and varied healthcare environment
- Innovate and improve services
- Free, on-site parking
- Permanent, full time
Come and join us at the Southern DHB and use your technical know-how and business acumen to support the health of our region.
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to over 315,000 people. We take pride in the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our population. Our customers - patients, staff and communities - are at the heart of everything we do.
Our Information Services team has a diverse range of skills and plays a key role in ensuring that all of our services - some of which are literally life savers - are supported and maintained to keep our healthcare system running. Along with that support, we also need to innovate and improve services to ensure that we continue to deliver the best possible care for our region; and that’s where the Solution Team comes in.
About the opportunity
Reporting into our Solutions Team Leader, some of the key areas of focus for your role will be:
- Analysis and documentation, including technical specifications
- Assisting in solution design and architecture
- Application configuration, assisting with integrations, software installation, testing, training, documentation, and other activities associated with solution implementation
- Assist with data migration and BI & Reporting work as required
- Involved in solution development using toolsets such as form-builders
- Provide technical leadership to junior members of other less technical teams
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
- Experience working with software project implementations
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise applications
- A strong understanding of SQL
- Experience in software configuration and testing
- Solid Analyst skills; understanding business requirements / problems and proposing / implementing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to respond positively to change
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone! Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region - and we - can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 5th August 2020
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9021 or Email: email@example.com
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.