Administration Officer – Patient Affairs
- Fixed term opportunity to July 2021
- Part-time role (0.5FTE, 20 hours per week)
- Varied and busy administration role
Be at the centre of hospital life in this crucial role in our Patient Affairs team. If you have administrative experience and a people focus this could be for you!
About the team
In Patient Affairs & Enquires our knowledgeable staff respond to varied and sometimes challenging enquiries from patients and the public, from GPs, funeral directors, and other Health Agencies.
Inside the hospital our team are involved with and work alongside all the on-site Clinical Departments, the Security Team, the Orderlies and Medical Records to name a few. The information they are trusted to handle is varied, confidential and often sensitive, such as death certificates, patient files and medical records, information requests and complaints.
This is not a job for the faint hearted, but it is a great job for someone who is:
- adept at processing information
- able to deal professionally with all types of people
- confident in their ability to think on their feet
- a skilled user of the Microsoft Office suite and has good IT skills.
- able to work with a high level of confidentiality and handle personal information professionally
On the job, we will give you a thorough orientation to the role and introduce you to the broad array of external groups we work alongside. We’ll teach you all you need to know about the Privacy and Release of Information legislation that guides much of what we do.
In return, our expectations are that you will:
- be a quick learner
- have an eye for detail
- be an effortless multi-tasker.
- be an all-rounder who gets on with everyone and doesn’t get flustered under pressure
- be tech-savvy and enjoy working with computer systems
At Patient Affairs & Enquiries we work a rostered schedule between 7.30 am to 8 pm weekdays and 8 am – 8 pm weekends and public holidays so it’s important to us that you are available for these shifts.
The salary for this position is between $43,720 and $46,740 per annum (pro rata) and will be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd August 2020
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor, Corporate Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9021 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org