General Surgery Registrar
Southland Hospital, Invercargill - Southern DHB
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Southland Hospital as a General Surgery Registrar.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team of seven Consultants and eight Registrars (including two Urologists and one Urology Registrar). You will provide acute and elective surgical care, with the opportunity to work across a range of surgery specialties, such as General Surgery, Urology, Breast and Colorectal. There may also be the opportunity for a 6-12-month Urology attachment for successful applicants interested in pursuing this field.
In short, we offer you an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge and advance your technical skills in General Surgery and Urology. Registrars receive excellent support and opportunities for development through a high level of SMO contact and supervision. Our Registrars are well supported in attending courses relevant to their career goals. The department is also very supportive of those wishing to pursue Surgical Training.
12 months SET 2+ training for RACS trainees
24/7 access to the library, weekly teaching and Grand Rounds, journal clubs, regular RMO forums, and exposure to a range of presentations to the hospital – all of which will equip you with a broad skill base to serve you well as you progress in your career
Southland Hospital is a modern, 180+ bed, secondary level 4 base hospital situated in Invercargill, New Zealand. The Hospital services a population of approximately 108,000 throughout Invercargill, Queenstown, Gore, Stewart Island and rural Southland. The opportunity to work in a modern facility and provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work.
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Southland is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link https://southlandnz.com
You also will have access to several Southern DHB staff holiday homes in Fiordland and Central Otago. We can provide one week’s free accommodation while you find your feet. You will get free parking and free meals when on duty.
• We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience and a keen interest in providing acute and elective surgical care to our community.
• You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
Please note that your application must contain the following:
• Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
• Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
• Complete an application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the RMO Recruitment Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy title and reference number.