Registered Nurse – Oncology Research
- Fixed Term Contract until 25 February 2022
- Part-time position 0.5FTE (20 hours per week)
Southern District Health Board has an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our friendly team in Dunedin Hospital on a fixed-term, part-time basis to support the Research Unit during this specific clinical trial period.
About the Role – what’s in it for me?
Our Research Unit is based within the Southern Blood & Cancer Service. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse who is looking to expand their clinical trial skills.
Based within the Research Unit, this role facilitates the requirements of the Oncology clinical trials and associated data activities. They will be responsible for ensuring all research activities meet legislative and clinical trial requirements.
Some of the key tasks will include:
- Liaising with patients, staff and other relevant parties
- Recruiting patients for selected trials
- Providing education and support to staff regarding the specifics of selected trials
- Maintaining trial data requirements including coordinating patient tests and appointments
- Research data processing, reporting adverse events
We are looking for a systematic Registered Nurse with exceptional organisation skills who can see the big picture, but is also detail focused. You will have to be a self-motivator and an excellent communicator who works well both individually and within a small team.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
- You will be proficient using Microsoft computer applications including word processing and excel.
- Relevant experience such as working within oncology, or with clinical / commercial trials
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move. The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it’s surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Why don’t you check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region, and we, can offer you and your whanau.
If you would like to join our friendly, skilled and supportive team, please apply today.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020
Please note we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and if necessary withdraw the advertising at any time. If you are interested in this position, please do not delay!
For further information, please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate. Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.