Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
- Large, commercial environment
- Genuinely supportive team
- Permanent role based at Wakari Hospital with free, on-site parking
Rare opportunity to join our friendly and efficient payroll team, delivering exceptional service across the Southern DHB.
Payroll here at the Southern DHB is a varied and busy role supporting the payroll function for a team of more than 4,000 employees throughout the Southern region. We are an experienced, friendly and hard-working bunch who support each other to provide the best possible service for the organisation.
About the opportunity
A retirement within the team has created an exciting opportunity to come and join us as Payroll/HRIS Administrator, providing support, advice and above all an efficient and accurate payroll service across our diverse organisation. Along with our 5 existing Administrators the key responsibilities of your role will be:
- Providing system support, advice and services to the organisation
- Ensuring that all employees receive accurate and timely Payroll/HRIS services
- Assisting with reporting related activities
This role is working Monday to Friday during standard office hours with flexibility on start and finish times to allow you a balance with commitments outside of your working life.
The salary for this position is in line with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Employees Collective Agreement and currently ranges from $47,580 to $55,259 – starting salary will be based on relevant skills and experience.
We are on the lookout for our next team player who will bring their knowledge and experience within payroll to actively contribute to the smooth running of the service. Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Commercial payroll experience and an understanding of the end-to-end payroll process
- High level of computer literacy particularly within Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in your approach and the ability to work well in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: 11pm, Wednesday 30th September 2020
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.