Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
- Fixed term role through to December 2021
- Large, multi-faceted environment
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
Bring your administrative skills to this busy role supporting the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for Southern DHB.
We are a friendly and supportive team, we enjoy the challenge of being busy and having some fun along the way while delivering an exceptional service for the organisation.
About the opportunity
Southern DHB are currently undergoing an exciting project to implement a brand new finance system for the organisation as a whole. Due to existing members of our Accounts team’s involvement in the project we now have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join us on a fixed term basis to assist with the day-to-day workload.
Your role as Accounts Officer will see you:
- Providing efficient administrative support to the Accounts team
- Processing invoices, supplier reconciliations
- Maintaining accurate electronic and paper filing systems
- Assisting the team with a variety of tasks as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within a large and complex organisation. You will be given full training and will have the opportunity to expand the role as you learn the ropes and become competent in the required tasks.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills, particularly in using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
- A positive self-starting approach
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of the service and take on tasks as appropriate
- Great communication and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout the team and beyond
- Ideally some experience in a similar role.
Opportunities like this don’t come along every day, so if you are looking to take the next step in your finance career and feel that you have what it takes to pick things up quickly and add value to the team, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary for this position is in accordance with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Employees Collective Agreement, Grade S3 and will be between $43,720 and $46,740 depending on skills and experience.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: 11pm Monday 26th October 2020
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.