Associate Charge Nurse Manager – Ward 7A & 7B
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2020
- 1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week (this may be negotiable)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
The vacant position is fixed term while we work up future models of care in this area, however it is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional senior nurse looking to take the next step in their nursing career. This role will see you providing operational management and day to day clinical leadership across 7A and 7B over the next 7 months. Working in conjunction with, and providing essential support to the Charge Nurse Manager.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the ward: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, both across the ward and between wards.
- Team Management of the ward: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the service’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will have a current NZ APC, with relevant post graduate nursing experience, and be looking to develop their advanced nursing and leadership skills. You should have PDRP Level 3 or 4 or working towards this.
Your clinical credibility in Cardiology, Respiratory and Cardiothoracic nursing will complemented by your advanced communication skills; you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships, and have proven experience in conflict resolution and mediation. Naturally a positive person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions on your feet.
How this role will be filled
The progressive and innovative leadership team within 7A/7B wishes to give staff the opportunities to develop. Therefore there will be a degree of flexibility for the right candidate/s as to how this role can best be filled. We are also welcoming applications from existing ACNM’s who may wish to pick up extra hours, or from staff who may wish to work part time (job share). We are genuinely open to suggestions or preferences about how this role can best be covered and are happy to discuss this with our preferred candidate/s.
Please note that while the current incumbent works Monday – Friday, it may be an option that the successful candidate/s is/are required to work some weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday mornings).
Please therefore indicate in your covering letter if you are interested in a job share arrangement (and if so what FTE you would prefer).
Please note this vacancy is open to current Southern DHB staff only
Closing Date: Sunday, 22 November 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and if necessary withdraw the advertising at any time. For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate. Phone: (03) 470 9605 or Email: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.