Patient Enquiries Team Leader
- Lead a team of experienced Administrators providing exceptional customer service
- Manage the Interpreter Coordinators and Interpreter Service
- Busy and varied role based in Dunedin Hospital
- Be part of something that makes a real difference to people’s experience of our Hospital
Bring your administration and people skills to this rewarding role providing information and advice to healthcare consumers from across the Southern region.
Patient Enquiries provide a key service to our healthcare consumers throughout the Southern region. With an office within the foyer of Dunedin Hospital our knowledgeable staff respond to varied and sometimes challenging enquiries from patients, the public, GPs, funeral directors and other health agencies.
Inside the hospital our team are involved with and work alongside all the on-site Clinical Departments, the Security Team, the Orderlies and Clinical Records to name just a few. The information they are trusted to handle is varied, confidential and often sensitive, such as clinical records, information requests and complaints.
About the opportunity
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced administrator with leadership qualities to join us on full time, permanent basis. As Team Leader, you will manage the day to day running of Patient Enquiries to ensure delivery of an efficient and customer focused service.
The main focus areas of the role will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Day to day management of the Patient Enquiries & the Interpreter Services including; rostering, planning, budgeting, and recruitment in conjunction with the Consumer Experience Manager.
- Lead a small team of staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of confidential advice, support and information on health service matters
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring adherence to the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 and other relevant legislation
This is a busy, challenging and rewarding role. You will need to be someone who is able to think on your feet and who is not easily flustered, able to deal with a range of often conflicting priorities to ensure the best possible service is delivered and that enquiries are handled sensitively and confidentially.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Solid experience within a busy administration role
- The ability to lead and engage a diverse team to deliver exceptional customer service
- An eye for opportunity; you don’t accept the status quo but look for ways to improve efficiencies
- Excellent communication skills and an innate ability to build rapport
If this all sounds like you and you would relish the opportunity to use your skills to have a positive impact on consumer’s experience of healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
This Team Leader role is paid in accordance with the DHBs/PSA South Island Administrative Employees MECA with a salary range of $54,929 to $63,915 depending on skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th November 2020
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.