General Surgery Registrar
Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin - Southern DHB
Southern DHB is currently seeking applications from RMOs interested in joining the team at Dunedin Hospital as a General Surgery Registrar.
You’ll be part of a team working across a range of surgical specialties and subspecialties, which includes tertiary level caseloads. During your time with us you will be exposed to a number of runs which include:
- General Surgery Vascular Surgery
- Neurosurgery Breast Surgery
- Colorectal Hepatobiliary
- Upper gastrointestinal Plastics
- Reliever (Note that Relievers will also cover the Urology Registrar)
There is also the possibility of rotations to:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery (one Registrar every six months)
- ICU (one Registrar every six months)
We have a new MECA compliant after-hours roster in place with 21 registrars on the rotation. The runs available will depend on the start date of the successful candidate.
The opportunity to provide healthcare to a large geographical area, ensuring your exposure to a wide range of work. Great support for educational needs, including weekly teaching, case discussions, journal clubs, and peer review sessions. In a department that has a strong academic presence, opportunities for successful candidates will be far and wide, and will involve the ability to undertake research as part of training and free meals when on duty.
Dunedin Hospital is a tertiary level hospital of 400 beds located in central Dunedin, New Zealand. The Hospital services the city of Dunedin and the wider Otago region.
Southern DHB (which encompasses Dunedin and Southland Hospital) has a strong collaborative relationship with the University of Otago, making a number of teaching and research options possible for those keen to pursue their academic careers whilst completing their clinical work.
A lifestyle that is hard to beat! Dunedin is a wonderful place for families, with great educational facilities (primary through tertiary) and many activities available for all ages. Some of New Zealand’s most famous national parks, ski fields and wineries are within easy driving distance. To find out more about living here please click the following link: https://www.dunedinnz.com/
- We are interested in hearing from RMOs with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience and who possess a strong surgical interest.
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, and be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility for registration by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz.
- Please note that your application must contain the following:
- Up to date electronic copies of your CV and cover letter
- Contact details for three Consultants we may contact directly for references. These Consultants should have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one of the referees provided must be from your current or most recent employer. Please ensure you advise your referees of their nomination so they are aware they will be contacted by Southern DHB.
- Complete an application form by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
If you have any questions about the role, the application or the recruitment process please contact the RMO Recruitment Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy title and reference number.