Registered Nurses – Perioperative Service
- Permanent opportunities available
- 0.8 FTE (64 hours per fortnight)
An exciting opportunity exists in Dunedin Hospital for experienced theatre nurses to join our Perioperative team. Southern DHB has the largest geographical catchment area in NZ. Our hospital sits in the beautiful historic city of Dunedin with its amazing coastline, spectacular mountainous hinterland, unique community spirit and more affordable housing.
About the opportunity
We are proud of our perioperative service, which incorporates nine Main operating theatres, two Day Surgery theatres and one C-section theatre. Our theatres provide tertiary level elective and acute surgery with specialties that include cardio-thoracic surgery, neuro surgery, vascular, liver resections, general surgical upper and lower GI, urology and orthopaedic both elective and acutes.
The position offers the opportunity to either showcase or develop your skills and experience in a variety of surgical specialties. You will be well supported by our educator and nursing leadership team with your PDRP levelling and provided with ongoing education sessions. You will be rostered a mix of 8 hour shifts and 10 hour shifts.
- To be successful in this role we are looking for nurses with:
- A minimum of two years post registration practice experience in theatre nursing. Ideally this will include experience in the New Zealand health system.
- New Zealand Registration
- Current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand
- A nurse who can evidence adherence to best practice perioperative standards
- A nurse who can demonstrate the SDHB values of Kind (Manaakitanga), Open (Pono), Positive (Whaiwhakaaro) and Community (Whanaungatanga)
Why Southern DHB?
The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 December 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time. For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: email@example.com
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.