Registered Nurse – Ward 4A (General Surgery)
- 0.8 FTE (64 hours per fortnight)
- Use your experience and expertise to make a real different to our patient’s health outcomes
Here at the Southern DHB, we are firmly committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
About the opportunity
Dunedin Hospital’s General Surgery Ward is now accepting applications from experienced Registered Nurses looking to join a hardworking and supportive team on a permanent basis.
Strongly supported by a tight knit team under the careful direction of the Charge Nurse Manager, you will enjoy working in a unit that strives for excellence in clinical services and exemplifies the team-based model of care Ward 4A is a 24 bed General Surgery ward, with an additional six bed High Dependency Unit attached. Ward 4A specializes in upper & lower GI and colorectal Surgery and provides for both elective and acute surgical admissions.
The successful applicant will need to have at least 1 years’ surgical nursing experience, ideally in the specialities listed above, be able to demonstrate resilience, won’t mind putting in some hard work and be open and willing to up-skill as required. Of course you’ll also be a confident communicator with a friendly demeanour and someone who values patient centred care. In return you’ll gain great work experience in a multidisciplinary team and the opportunity to either showcase or develop your skills in a variety of surgical specialties.
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous Surgical experience is essential, and experience in HDU would certainly be advantageous.
Closing Date: Sunday 29 November 2020
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: Jeanie.email@example.com
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.