Registered Nurse - Anaesthetic Preoperative Assessment Clinic (APAC)
- Monday to Friday, 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
- Parental leave cover opportunity until 31/07/2020
Applications are invited for an exciting role in our Nurse-led clinic. This patient-centred clinic provides high quality preoperative anaesthetic assessments for patients awaiting elective surgery at Dunedin Hospital. The objective of APAC is to prepare and optimise patients requiring surgery to ensure they are well informed and fit to undergo anaesthesia.
It is desirable that applicants will have:
• The ability to work well within a small team
• Advanced Heath Assessment (or equivalent)
• At least 3 years post–graduate experience in a surgical setting
• Ability to work autonomously
• Demonstrated competence with computers and computer systems
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve
• A proven desire to work at the top of their scope of practice
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with the anaesthetic team to ensure appropriate patient assessments are carried out as per established anaesthesia guidelines. Your practice will be under the direction of the APAC Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS). You will also work collaboratively with all services involved in the patient’s journey from Primary Health to post-operative care. Your hours of work will be Monday – Friday daytime shifts.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for professional pathway development for Registered Nurses looking to further advance their clinical practice skills in health assessment in a supported environment.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 December 2020
For further information please contact Jeanie Winter, Recruitment Advisor – Surgical Services & Radiology Directorate Phone: (03) 470 9571 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org