HR Support Hub Coordinator
Dunedin or Invercargill
• Brand new role – part time 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
• Varied workload encompassing HR, OD and Recruitment services
• Dynamic team environment with plenty of opportunity for learning
** Internal Applications Only **
We are an experienced, friendly and dedicated team aiming to provide the best possible support to our people in the busy and rewarding world of healthcare. Now is a great time to join us as we embark on a new way of working across our HR function – be part of the change and help shape the future of HR here at Southern DHB.
About the opportunity
This brand new role will be based within the new HR Support Hub and will be responsible for coordination and administrative support for the Human Resources function across Southern DHB. The purpose of the hub is to be a shared resource which will receive and triage all HR Group and some payroll-related enquiries from internal and external customers, supporting stakeholders with seamless, consistent advice and the coordination of HR Group related services in achieving their deliverables.
Some key responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Providing first line of support for HR/OD/Recruitment services and queries within agreed timeframes and practices
- Working collaboratively with a customer service mindset
- Providing employment documents to a high standard and be the point of contact for new, not yet started, employees and hiring managers to ensure on-boarding processes are completed in time and in full for employees’ first days with us
- Act as a point of contact ensuring all employees (our customers) interacting with the HR Support Hub have their queries and requests resolved and needs met within agreed timeframes or by escalating any complex HR Group matters to the relevant HR/OD/Recruitment teams
If you’re organised, have a strong attention to detail and excel at providing exceptional customer service this could be the role for you! You’ll enjoy working within a complex environment where the need for timely and accurate communication is paramount. Our ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in HR/OD/Recruitment
- Customer service experience and the desire to provide a positive experience in all customer interactions
- The ability to successfully prioritise work and remain calm and collected when working to conflicting demands
- A working knowledge of the general principles of employment relations, employment legislation and privacy
Put your skills to good use in this varied and busy role where the opportunities for learning will be plentiful. Working alongside experienced and knowledgeable HR colleagues, you will gain valuable insight into the world of HR and be key to ensuring a positive experience for our people.
Please note that this vacancy is currently open to existing SDHB employees only.
Closing Date: 15th January 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.