Human Resources Support Hub Consultant
Dunedin or Invercargill
- New year, new role, new team
- Support and improve our people experience throughout Southern DHB
- District-wide focus based in Dunedin or Invercargill
Come and help us grow our HR capability to provide a high quality and pro-active HR function.
We are an experienced, friendly and dedicated team aiming to provide the best possible support to our people in the busy and rewarding world of healthcare. Now is a great time to join us as we embark on a new way of working across our HR function – be part of the change and help shape the future of HR here at Southern DHB.
About the opportunity
The HR Support Hub Consultant is a newly created role which will support and improve delivery of transactional HR services across the organisation. If you love the idea of making a role your own, this is a great opportunity to come in and shape it right from the word go in conjunction with the new HR Support Hub Manager.
Some key areas of focus of the role will be (but are not limited to):
- Supporting stakeholders throughout the organisation with the execution of people processes
- Providing an efficient and effective service for all HR processes and practices relating to important employee lifecycle events
- Highlighting and supporting improvements to HR processes and systems
- Providing first line support on people related issues and advise on the appropriate pathway for more complex enquiries
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Working collaboratively with other HR functions such as recruitment, payroll and learning and development to deliver effective and appropriate people solutions
- Supporting the delivery of HR services within to be established Service Level standards
Hungry, humble and up for an interesting challenge? We want you! The role will ideally suit a well-structured and process focussed individual who is at ease with dealing with ambiguity whilst having a solid knowledge base to provide solutions to the not so simple questions. Our ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Professional or academic qualification which includes papers in HR disciplines
- General understanding of employee relations, employment law and practices
- Experience within a customer service role will be an advantage
- The desire to provide a positive experience to all stakeholders
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage and prioritise your workload successfully
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to easily build rapport
- Attention to detail and a continuous improvement approach to your work
This is a great opportunity to step into an HR role within a complex and rewarding industry. Every day will give you the opportunity to learn something new as you deal with a wide range of enquiries and processes, delivering a friendly and efficient service. If this sounds like the change you are looking for apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: 15th January 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.