Enrolled Nurse – Paediatric Inpatients
- Permanent part-time role (48 hours per fortnight)
*INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY*
About the Department
Here in Dunedin Hospital’s Children’s Ward, we are lucky to have a modern, bright work space with excellent facilities to ensure the best possible care for our young patients and their families/whanau.
About the Role
As Enrolled Nurse on our Children’s Ward, you will be working as part of a friendly and supportive team on a multi-specialty ward. The ward caters for children aged 0-15 years and you will work under the delegation of the Registered Nurse on duty.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous experience in a Paediatric setting would be very beneficial
About Southern DHB
Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Please note this is only open to current SDHB employees.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th January 2021
For further information please contact Tara Hobbs, Recruitment Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children, and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.