Diabetes Clinical Nurse Specialist
0.6 FTE fixed term position for 6 months
Central Otago and Queenstown-Lakes District
Central Otago Health Services Ltd (COHSL) are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to deliver support and education in the clinical management of Diabetes to people of all ages living with Diabetes, their families/whanau and to health professionals.
This role will be based in the Queenstown area and involves working closely with GP’s and Practice Nurses to provide linkages between hospital and primary care.
The preferred candidate will;
- Have an appropriate Post Graduate Qualification in Diabetes Management
- Have appropriate knowledge, skills and demonstrate advanced nursing practice in the management of the Type 1 and complex Type 2 Diabetes population including:
- Knowledge of Tandem and Medtronic insulin pumps, and data interpretation with ability to make dose rate changes.
- Experience in managing Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Experience with running telemedicine clinics
- Be an approved Nurse Prescriber
- Have a knowledge and proven performance in adult teaching and learning principles.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to leadership and management,
- Have at least 3 years post registration experience
- Demonstrate advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
Flexibility with hours is essential in order to meet the differing demands of people with Diabetes across the age spectrum.
You will work alongside the Dunstan CNS and also with the Diabetes teams in Dunedin and Southland Hospitals. The geographical area is large and will necessitate some travel.
For an Application Form, please go to our website:
To apply, please forward a completed application form, your CV and a cover letter to;
Central Otago Health Services
PO Box 30, CLYDE
Attn: Director of Nursing
Applications close 4 pm Monday 18th January 2021