Critical Works Programme, Dunedin Hospital
- Manage a variety of Critical Works projects across the DHB
- End to end involvement from concept design to construction and handover
- Great team environment
There’s a lot going on here at the Southern DHB – bring your Project Management skills and help to ensure the health and wellbeing of our region.
About the opportunity
Building & Property Services are a medium sized, efficient, multi-disciplined team covering all trades across all of Southern DHB’s Southland & Otago sites
This is a 2 year fixed term opportunity so plenty of scope to get involved in a variety of projects and make the role your own. The key areas of focus for the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Implement, monitor and manage the Critical Works programme within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Take a consultative approach to planning with various services and contractors from concept design through to construction and handover
- Ensure all relevant documentation is obtained and an ongoing maintenance plan is arranged with the appropriate team
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project progress
A challenging and rewarding role, you will oversee the day to day running of these critical works projects, ensuring a compliant, efficient, and safe operation. You will work alongside the Team Leaders, Project Managers and Supervisors within the Building and Property department to ensure the success of these projects.
We are looking for a positive and self-starting Project Manager with an innate ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with a broad range of people from industry experts, to management and clinical staff. Our ideal candidate will bring the following:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification in a Trade, Project Management or Construction Management field
- Previous experience working on Capital Projects
- Experience managing budgets to ensure best value is delivered
- Knowledge of the Hospital and its infrastructure would be hugely beneficial
- The ability to turn high level, technical information into coherent information for the organisation
- Confidence to work with project teams / stakeholders to elicit, analyse, specify and validate the delivery of the business needs
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to juggle a number of projects and conflicting priorities
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a supportive team environment where professional development is encouraged and supported. If you are looking for a challenging role with great job satisfaction get in touch today!
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a huge geographical area. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities - are at the forefront of everything we do.
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: 19th January 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.