Sonographer Vacancy – Central Otago
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sonographer to join our Radiology team on a permanent part-time basis (0.4FTE).
Central Otago Health Services Ltd (COHSL) is a community owned, not-for-profit organisation that is responsible for providing health services out of Dunstan Hospital in Clyde.
What we are looking for:
- A friendly Sonographer who is happy to be part of a small Radiology team and works hard to lead by example when it comes to clinical excellence
- Someone who cares about rural healthcare and its challenges
- Someone who is enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge
- Experience in performing Obstetric, General, Vascular and MSK examinations is essential
- A team player committed to ongoing education and best possible patient care and outcomes. You will be compassionate, courteous and a flexible member of our team
- Sufficient level of expertise to work autonomously without a Radiologist on-site
- Registered and licensed Sonographer with the MRTB (essential)
What we can offer you:
- Permanent, part-time opportunity (0.4 FTE)
- Competitive salary
- Focus on well-being including flu vaccinations and EAP services
- Continued professional development supported with funding for your professional growth
Your workday will include:
- Conducting ultrasound examinations to an exceptional standard on a GE LOGIQ E9
- Providing a high level of care and diligence through provision of clear instructions and explanations to the patients and/or their representative or caregiver, both prior and throughout any procedure
- Maintaining accurate patient data and examination worksheets for all examinations
- Participating in quality assurance initiatives to improve the level of service that you and the team provide to patients and referrers
All COHSL employees are expected to commit to service excellence; treat each other with respect and honesty; demonstrate responsibility and accountability; be enthusiastic about continuous improvement; and to maintain confidentiality.
So, if you have a professionally recognised Ultrasound qualification, a passion for providing excellent patient care and want to join a great team, please go to our website for a job description and application form: www.cohsl.co.nzjoinourteam
Apply with an application form, your CV and a cover letter to:
Dave Chisholm, Clinical Services Manager, email@example.com
The advert will run until the position is filled. You must be eligible to work in New Zealand.