Senior Communications Advisor – New Dunedin Hospital
- Bring your communications expertise to this once in a lifetime project
- Help us engage and tell the story of change to our people as we develop our Community’s New Dunedin Hospital
- Join our dynamic high performing team and be part of the future
The New Dunedin Hospital Project Management Office is now seeking applications from experienced communications practitioners to join the team as our Senior Communications Advisor.
You will be joining at an exciting stage of the Project. 2020 saw us complete the first phases of concept design for the New Dunedin Hospital and preliminary design for the Outpatients Building and 2021 will see us delve deeper into detailed design for the Outpatients Building and preliminary design for the Inpatients Building. Check out: https://www.newdunedinhospital.nz/ for our progress to date. The role will play an integral part in ensuring we are optimally engaging and storytelling with our workforce in a timely, impactful and multimedia way.
Our team and how we work
Our team includes expertise in business analysis and modelling, project coordination, governance, risk management and business cases, FF&E, workforce, and of course clinical expertise. We work at pace in a collaborative and decisive way with all hospital services to ensure that the new facilities will be fit for purpose for our staff and patients to deliver world class patient experiences. We work closely with Southern DHB staff, community representatives, the Clinical Leadership Group, Ministry of Health and a multidisciplinary design team for our new hospital.
As our Senior Communications Advisor you will work closely with our Project Director and play a key role in improving how we consistently and clearly inform and engage during the development of the New Dunedin Hospital project. This is the opportunity to bring your success in helping organisations tell the story with their people and stakeholders as they lean into and plan change. There is a particular responsibility for communicating the vision and transformation journey that SDHB is undertaking via a variety of channels. There is also a secondary responsibility liaising with the Ministry of Health Communications team to plan, oversee and implement communications with key internal and external stakeholders on this critical project for the future of Dunedin and the Southern health system.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and delivering excellent two-way communications between the Southern DHB leadership and staff to support the strategic direction of the DHB and the transformation required as we design and deliver a new Dunedin Hospital
- In partnership with the Ministry of Health Communications Team, develop and implement communications and engagement strategies for the overarching SDHB transformation programme that aligns with the NDH project and its workstreams
- Participate in face to face promotion and engagement activities including staff and public forums, liaison with key internal stakeholders and external communications as required
- Implement communications strategies and tactics across appropriate internal and external channels that engage, inform and excite.
Our ideal candidates
We think that these attributes are most likely to ensure you are set up for success:
- Expertise in successfully engaging with diverse audiences in an authentic and meaningful way
- Skills in producing a variety of content (print, digital, video, other) for a variety of channels
- Great time management, personal judgment and accountability, initiative and professionalism
- An eye to the strategic direction and big picture, as well as the tactical and operational realities of our operating environment
- Ability to effectively and decisively operate in an often ambiguous environment
- A sense of team and a sense of humour!
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Monday 1 March 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time.
For further information please contact Jo Schmelz, Workforce Planning & Strategic Sourcing Lead, Phone 0272953600 or email email@example.com
Children’s Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and the SDHB’s commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks’ under the Children’s Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.