Infrastructure Project Manager
Information Services, Wakari Hospital
- Fixed term position for 12 months
- Based at Wakari Hospital, park like surroundings and free on-site parking
- Work on a wide range of IT infrastructure projects
Bring your Project Management skills to the Southern DHB and help make a difference to the health of our region.
About the opportunity
Reporting into our Change Delivery Manager, your role as Infrastructure Project Manager will see you (amongst other things):
- Lead the development, maintenance and delivery of SDHB IT infrastructure projects across multiple environments
- Work on a wide range of projects including but not limited to networking, unified comms, information security, structured cabling, identity and access management, teleconferencing, modern virtualised infrastructure both local and cloud based
- Assist in the planning and design of large infrastructure environments
- Contributing to project planning, scheduling, risk management, resource management, change management, status reports and communication of progress to internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for an energetic and organised Project manager to join us on a fixed term basis to provide support whilst a team member is seconded elsewhere. Along with a relevant degree level qualification, our ideal candidate will bring:
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure underpinnings of a complex and large-scale environment
- Commercial experience working with project management software and methodologies such e.g. Waterfall/Agile
- A good understanding of health-related infrastructure products, solutions or platforms
- Organised approach and the ability to shift priorities as required
If you feel like you fit the bill and have an engaging, encouraging and pro-active style to your work we would love to hear from you!
Now is a great time to relocate to Southern if you were considering a move! The Southern district offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first class primary through to tertiary education, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Whether it is surfing, kayaking or sailing; skiing, hunting or fishing; theatre, live-music or art – there’s literally something for everyone. Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th February 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor – Corporate Directorate on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.