Senior Solution Architect
Information Solutions, New Dunedin Hospital Programme, Wakari
- Based at Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
- 12 month fixed term position
- Get in on the action as we prepare for a new hospital and digital transformation of our health system
Digital transformation is an important enabler of, and contributor to, the establishment of the new Dunedin Hospital and transformation of the entire southern health system. Our new hospital will be a digitally-enabled facility and support new and emerging technologies that improve patient and staff experience. Although the new Dunedin Hospital will reuse and extend some existing ICT systems from the current facility, the new facility is also a catalyst for innovation and implementation of new and enhanced health systems and technologies across the district.
The Senior Solutions Architect will be part of a small team responsible for developing detailed solution proposal, designs and architecture ensuring we are adhering to approach frameworks and standards. The role will also assist in research for new applications, solutions, and technologies.
Some key areas of focus and responsibility will be:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders of all levels in order to understand the business capability, their gaps, problems and both their current and future needs.
- Combine the business and solution knowledge domains in order to communicate, promote, and influence the application and solutions direction of the SDHB.
- Oversight of the solution group’s architecture and this will include advising on the workforce capability and solution support practices as the department adapts to the fluid ICT and Health sectors.
Within this role you will be dealing with high level architecture, implementation and senior support so you’ll need to possess a varied technical and soft skill set. Our ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Demonstrated architectural and design skills
- A wealth of application, integration, and software development experience
- Experience within the healthcare sector
- Innovative ideas and commitment to get stuck in and drive for results.
- The ability to collaborate within and externally to the team with key stakeholders will be essential.
It would be great if you have experience in a similar early-stage planning of ICT projects or programmes and be ready to roll up your sleeves.
Dunedin is a city known for its southern hospitality and having some of New Zealand’s most famous scenery and holiday spots on its doorstep (Queenstown, Wanaka, Milford Sound, Stewart Island to name a few). You can enjoy a diverse range of leisure activities from skiing to trout fishing, surfing, hiking or mountain biking just a stone’s throw from your door. Dunedin has an abundance of amenities, educational (primary through tertiary) facilities, arts scene and cultural life. Come join us!
Applications close: Sunday 28th February 2021
For further information please contact Sarah Burgess, Recruitment Advisor on (03) 470 9021
Pre-Employment Occupational Health Assessment
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to an Occupational Health Assessment to confirm suitability and fitness to work in the role you are being considered for.