Cardiac Physiologist – Cardiology Department -
- 1 FTE – 40 Hours per week
- Monday to Friday – On call component.
An opportunity has arisen within the Cardiology Service for a Cardiac Physiologist to work predominantly in Pacing and ICD clinics/Cardiac Catheterisation lab. The successful will need to have current registration (or meet registration requirements) with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board (CPRB) and have the ability to gain an APC. Ideally would be IBHRE qualified or equivalent.
This post is ideal for someone who is competent and able to work independently in ambulatory monitors, diagnostic angiography, ETTs and Pacing and ICD follow up is required.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential and self-motivation for learning.
- Tertiary qualifications - Diploma of Applied Science. BSC or equivalent, Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (MTEX) & Certification of Cardiac Physiologists (CCP); HRUK (Heart Rhythm UK),IBHRE (International Board Heart Rhythm Examination) or equivalent. Preference given to candidates with IBHRE/NASPE or similar qualification but not essential, would be expected to work towards IBHRE in the future.
- Must be registered or be eligible to register with CPRB (Cardiac Physiologists Registration Board) and SCT (Society of Cardiopulmonary Technology).
- Current APC or be eligible for an APC.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience in Pacemaker/ICD follow up/implant and Cardiac Catheterisation lab.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD and self-directed learning
Role specific requirements
Competent and independent in all aspects of:
- Treadmill ETT testing and & Holter/Event monitor analysis
- Basic Pacemaker implant/Pacemaker programming
- Basic Cardiac catheterization lab procedures PCI/angio
Not essential but desirable are competence and independent in one or more of the following:
- Complex Pacemaker and ICD follow up and reporting.
- Remote device follow up
- ICD programming on advice from EP centre
- Advanced Cardiac catheterization procedures including IVUS, FFR, IABP, Left & Right heart studies
Further training will be given to the successful candidate if required with a view to participation in an on call roster when competency is obtained in all required modalities.
For further information please contact Steven Adam, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate, Phone (03) 470 9600 or Email:Steven.Adam@southerndhb.govt.nz
Wording for external websites only:
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: www.southerndhb.govt.nz/careers/